Simple File List gives your WordPress website a list of your files which allows your users to open and download them. Users can also upload files if you choose, and you can restrict uploads to logged in users or administrators.
A Basic Example:
|1.jpg Open | Download||26.85 KB||September 24, 2020|
|Simple-File-List.pdf Open | Download||596.73 KB||January 2, 2020|
|Christopher-L-Collins.mov Open | Download||2.07 MB||October 24, 2019|
|Nice-Catch.jpg Open | Download||146.67 KB||April 25, 2019|
|Ice-Flakes.jpg Open | Download||161.14 KB||April 25, 2019|
|Love.jpg Open | Download||39.59 KB||April 25, 2019|
Send an email with links to the files. Add more files if needed.
Files to be sent:
How it Works
A simple bit of shortcode [eeSFL] will place a file upload form and file list anywhere you choose on your website.
You can over-ride the default appearance within the plugin Settings. The list and the upload form can be turned on or off as needed. You can show only the list, only the upload form, or both, plus configure many other settings as needed.
Furthermore, you can restrict uploading and/or viewing of the file list to only Admins or logged-in Users. You can also password protect file list pages.
Use Simple File List
- When sharing files within an organization or community of others.
- When you need a list of downloadable files, such as documents or media files.
- When you need a list of files protected by a login.
- When exchanging files if the size gets too large for email attachment.
- When you need a basic file upload form so people can send you files.
File List Manager
On the plugin’s admin settings page is the Admin File List. From here you can manage your files as well as the plugin settings. Easily upload, download, open, add descriptions, rename and delete files and folders.
File List Features
- Restrict access to the list to only Admins or logged in users, or hide it completely.
- Restrict who can access the Admin-side file list and settings.
- Upload, download, open, rename and delete files and folders.
- Add descriptions to files to describe the content and/or improve SEO.
- Optionally allow front-side users to have complete access to file management features.
- Optionally allow front-side users to send email links to the files.
- Optionally show file list table columns; file date, size and file thumbnail.
- Sort files randomly or by name, date or file size (ascending or descending).
- Auto-generates thumbnails for videos*, image files and document-specific icons.
- Over-ride plugin settings as needed using shortcode attributes.
- Configure the file list disk-refresh interval to reduce server load for larger lists.
File Upload Form Features
- Simple reliable multi-file upload form works on websites and mobile devices.
- Browse or drag-and-drop files to upload. Progress bar shows percent uploaded.
- Restrict front-side uploading to only Admins or logged-in users, or turn it off completely.
- Define the file-types you want users to be able to upload.
- Limit number of files uploaded per submission.
- Limit the maximum size per file.
- Get an email notice each time a file is uploaded.
- Configure all aspects of the notifications, such as from, name, subject as well as the text of the message.
- Optionally gather the user’s name, email and comments when uploading a file and include this within the notice. This information can then be displayed on the file list if desired.
Add More Features
Add the File Access Manager to organize restrict access to files and file lists based on WordPress users or user roles. Make only specific files in your list available to the public.
Add the Search & Pagination extension to allow searching for file names and date ranges. Pagination breaks long file lists into smaller pages.
How to Add the File List into a Page, Post or Widget
Place this shortcode on any page, post or widget:
This basic shortcode will, by default, show the file upload form and file list defined on the plugin’s settings pages.
The Shortcode Builder
Go to the Create Shortcode Tab and use the Shortcode Builder to easily configure an extensive set of shortcode attributes to over-ride the default function and appearance settings. You can easily tailor a file list for a specific page, post or widget.
Simple File List comes with 11 language localizations.
- de_DE – German (Germany)
- es_ES – Spanish (Spain)
- es_MX – Spanish (Mexico)
- fr_CA – French (Canada)
- fr_FR – French (France)
- fr_BE – French (Belgium)
- it_IT – Italian (Italy)
- nl_NL – Dutch (Netherlands)
- pt_BR – Portuguese (Brazil)
- pt_PT – Portuguese (Portugal)
- sv_SE – Swedish (Sweden)
Machines are nice and all, but please contact me if you want to help improve or add a translation.
* FFmpeg required for video thumbnail creation.
** Pro version required